Downtown Des Moines is definitely the place to be if you are looking for fun things to keep you busy. From music festivals to merely walking down the streets, Downtown Des Moines will not disappoint you with its attractions and amenities. Whether you are just here for a vacation or you live here, there is undoubtedly something for you to do in Downtown Des Moines.
Attractions in Downtown Des Moines
There are a lot of attractions in Downtown Des Moines that every visitor can enjoy. If you are looking for something fun to do, you should start with the following attractions:
- Head to Des Moines Civic Center to watch a nationally-acclaimed Broadway show
- Appreciate art at Pappajohn Sculpture Park
- Join a free tour at the grand Iowa State Capitol
- Learn new amazing things at the Science Center of Iowa
Music and Entertainment in Downtown Des Moines
If you don’t know yet, Downtown Des Moines is a hub for exciting and vibrant live music. You can enjoy both local and international hits in different places around the area. Explore the energetic music scene in Downtown Des Moines:
- Go to 80/35 Music Festival for live band music
- Enjoy music at Nitefall on the River show
- You can check out concerts at Wells Fargo Arena during their stadium tour
While Downtown Des Moines is known for its modernity, it still offers various outdoor activities that everyone can take advantage of. Most of the bike and walk trails lead you to the Downtown area, so you can really find something fun to do outside.
- Wander along the Principal Riverwalk
- Brenton Skating offers winter ice skating enjoyment for everyone
- Bring your bike with you and traverse one of the bike trails in Des Moines
You can find several local shops, boutiques, and even furniture stores in Downtown Des Moines. You can support local business by shopping around:
- Purchase unique gift items at Domestica
- If antiques and anything vintage excites you, head to Reclaimed
Cheer for the local Des Moines sports teams and watch NCAA events:
- Witness an exciting hockey game at Iowa Wild
- Watch March Madness in an NCAA game
- Support the Iowa Cubs at Principal Park
Festivals and Markets
Having been given an award for festivals and events, it will not be hard for you to look for anything that features the area’s vibrant culture, art, and food in Downtown Des Moines. In fact, there are festivals you can participate in throughout the year in Downtown Des Moines:
- Taste the flavors of the world at the World Food & Music Festival
- Support local farmers and producers and buy items at the Downtown Farmers’ Market
- Have a day full of music, food, and beer at the Oktoberfest
There is no doubt that Downtown Des Moines is filled with fun activities and amenities that everyone can simply enjoy. It is regarded as one of the best places to live and work, and it’s not hard to see why. With all the exciting attractions in Downtown Des Moines, it’s no surprise it is getting a lot of attention from all around the globe.
Click here for more information about Des Moines, IA.